Oracle HCM Cloud 22B Release: What to know
Our last blog, Everything you need to know about the Oracle Cloud 22B Release, provides a high-level overview of Oracle’s 22B release. This post is focused specifically on the changes to Oracle’s HCM module.
Many new features and enhancements are introduced to the HCM module with this latest Oracle update. Because these updates are mandatory to implement, customers have no choice but to keep up, meaning they must act quickly to test their update.
Oracle customers need a robust testing strategy for the Oracle Cloud HCM 22B release, that will mitigate the risk of their Oracle Cloud HCM account breaking. This allows them to focus on how to take advantage of the new features Oracle has rolled out.
Testing Best Practices to Successfully Execute Oracle Cloud HCM 22B Release
- Identify the scope of testing: Determine what you need to test, and what you don’t need to test, during the Oracle HCM Cloud quarterly update
- Execute quick Sanity and tests ensure business continuity
- Identify the HCM business processes to be tested manually, and business processes to be tested via automation
- Utilize Impact analysis reports that highlight key changes from the release
Let’s now analyze the key technical and functional updates from the Oracle HCM 22B release notes:
Technical changes from the Oracle Cloud HCM 22B Release
- Time & Labor: Analyze effective utilization of workforce by timesheet tracking
- Recruiting Dashboard: Expanded set of packaged KPIs and subject areas for recruiting
- Learning: Provide insight into learning program utilization and learning outcomes
Functional changes from the Oracle Cloud HCM 22B Release
- Termination facility extended to include every single assignment
- Prefilling of Document Record Attributes can be done through scanning of attachments
- HCM Position Hierarchy: a new row-level action is added to open the position hierarchy for any position
- Improved Absence processing for analyzing absences, but only for employees whose HR data has been changed
- Provide easy-to-understand data for managers on information on the approval notification page, itself, to approve absences
- Easily retrieve data to reconcile the absence records with payments made
- Goal Administrators can now limit the number of non-private goals in a goal plan
- The ability to track progress for each learning item
- The Talent Review template is redesigned to include only those ratings that need to be configured, instead of including all the ratings that are delivered
Many more features and functionalities are added to HCM Common Features, HCM Common Architecture, HCM Spreadsheet Data Loader, Workforce Structures, and Workforce Directory Management modules.
To gain complete information on the updates in the HCM module read Opkey's Advisory Document for the Oracle Cloud 22B Release.
How Opkey can Help
We know that Oracle HCM customers will only have 2 short weeks to ensure that existing business processes won’t be adversely affected by these changes. Opkey's managed Oracle Cloud quarterly certification will help you to successfully navigate through this Oracle Cloud 22B update without having to lift a finger.
Here’s how we do this:
- Our Pre-Built Accelerator library of 2000+ business components and 1000+ out of the box test scripts across various HCM modules can instantly be applied to your environment.
- Our detailed advisory document prior to Updates highlights the exact changes that are expected.
- Our Impact Analysis reports show as-is vs. to-be processes, and highlight key changes that need to be tested.
- Test Data Preparation for new scenarios added to the HCM module.
- Security Validation and Reports Validation Results on Day-1 of applying patch.
- Dedicated Support staff with 24/7 support.