OpKey’s Automation Scripts now Certified With Oracle Cloud 20A Upgrade
This document gives an overview of Automation impacted modules and functionalities, functional updates and issues related to 20A Oracle update in HCM module. The document also provides test guidance to our customers to have critical runs in place for a quick sanity.
Overview of Functional Update:
This document includes functional changes related to Oracle HCM Cloud update 20A. It does not include technical details for system database administrators.
Updates contained in this list are shown according to product area Scope:
This document gives an overview of Automation impacted modules and functionalities, functional updates and issues related to 20A Oracle Cloud HCM module. The document also provides test guidance to our customers to have critical runs in place for a quick sanity.
Overview of Functional Update:
This document includes functional changes related to Oracle HCM Cloud update 20A. It does not include technical details for system database administrators. Updates contained in this list are shown according to product area.
- The Account Overview page contains a new Balance Forward Bills infotile with the customer’s balance forward bills. Click the Due Amount value of a balance forward bill to view the bill details.
- The Transaction History includes two new columns: Billing Number and Billing Date.
- Multiple cash account combinations are now available for reconciliation. Previously, only journal lines created for the complete cash account combination were available for reconciliation.
- Receive and process electronic invoices compliant with the European electronic invoicing standard EN 16931 using UBL 2.1 XML format.
- In the Manage Leases page, leases with no assets added still had the Edit action exposed and the Change Financial Terms action not exposed, after the period in which the lease was added was closed. Now, after the period is closed the Change Financial Terms action is exposed and the Edit action is not exposed.
- In the Create and Edit Expense Item pages, when you changed the per diem expense type we can now update the time and date fields as well.
- In the Create and Edit Expense Report pages, when you created an employer for a nonemployee attendee, this employer was created as a new customer, now added as a new employee.
- The Translate General Ledger Account Balances process contains performance improvements.
- The Tax Organization Type configured on the supplier profile is now included in the Business Intelligence Publisher extract of the payment file.
- Capability to view upto six digits of the bank account number, currently you can view only the last 4 digits.
- ‘Create item’ under Expense Report now appears as a text rather than ‘+’ icon till previous release.
- ‘Expense Item’ work area now has ‘Attachments’ addition as a text as ‘Create Item’ rather than ‘+’ icon before.
- Create Expense Item>Itemized table now appears at the frontend whereas under ‘Itemize’ option making the Dom structure change.
- The lists of values in the Billing Cycle fields in the Create Balance Forward Bill process and the Create and Edit Payment Terms pages now contain more than 200 billing cycles.
- Recognize revenue on transactions that use the In Arrears invoicing rule after you receive payment. The In Arrears rule normally recognizes revenue based on the predetermined revenue recognition schedule. You can assign the transaction or transaction line a payment-based revenue contingency to temporarily defer revenue recognition until payment is received.
- Report on customer account descriptive flexfields in the Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence Receivables - Transactions Real Time subject area. Customer account descriptive flexfields have been added to the new subfolder Bill-to Customer Descriptive Flexfields, under the Bill-to Customer Account folder.
- The Import Accounting Transactions process now supports the use of a custom date source while importing reversal transactions.
Financials for Asia/Pacific
- Enable electronic filing of GST annexure-1 per revised GST reporting structure for India.
- Enable filing of GST Annexure-1 electronically as required by revised GST reporting structure for India.
- Filing Annexure-1(ANX-1) is mandatory for every GST registered taxpayer other than composite dealers, and those organizations which are registered as Input service distributors (ISD).
- The Taxpayers can configure the BIP report based on the Tax Reporting Ledger tables' fields and can create the report in the pre-described format so that it can be imported into the GSTN provided offline utility tool.
Test Guidance from OpKey
Before each Upgrade is applied to customer environments, we run a comprehensive series of automated tests to validate the features being released against various levels of the environment. These tests validate:
-> The health of the build in a simulated existing customer environment
-> Successful execution of tests in a simulated new customer environment
-> End-to-end business process flows
-> Primary use case scenarios
-> Alternate use case scenarios
-> Additional scenarios derived from design specifications
Setup/Configuration Flows Across ERP/HCM Module
- Financials Set up and configuration
- Procurement set up and configuration
- Project Financial Management configuration and set up
- Approvals configuration
- Workforce structure setup
- Payroll definitions and elements
- Benefits plans and programs
- Absence setup and configuration
- Workforce compensation worksheet configuration
- Performance documents
- Competencies and measurements
- Talent review templates and meetings
- Time and Labor groups and rules templates
- Security data role generation
P1 End-to-End Business Flows Across Financials & Procurement Module
- Procure to Pay Cycle
- Order to Cash Cycle
- Inter-company Transactions
- Mass Addition Process
- Create Budget
- Create Project from Project/Template
- Process Approval E2E Workflow
- Generation of Change Order
Critical Business Flows Across HCM Module
- Hire flow examples:
a. Create pending worker
b. Create a nonworker
c. Rehire a person
- Global Transfer
- Process Life Event
- Promote a worker
- Conduct Comp Cycle
- Run Payroll
- Person Takes Absence
- Approvals and notifications
- Security Setup
At OpKey, we certify our automation scripts to Oracle Cloud’s new update in just 3 days and help our customers get their business processes validated within that time frame. The process of updating scripts is extremely swift and painless where customers get their suite updated in technical and functional categories in no time.