There are many reasons for Salesforce's global position as the CRM platform of choice, but one of the most fundamental is its ability to support the sales cycle at digitally-driven speeds. Although being big open for growing digital business demands, custom Salesforce configurations, integrations, and workflows with frequent upgrades create a challenging testing environment. In this article, we start by looking at the full scope of the complexity of Salesforce, revealing why No-Code testing approaches do makes more sense than constantly trying to overcome the technical challenges in script-based testing.
Complex Salesforce Ecosystems Require High Levels of Test Automation
Salesforce environments move at a different pace. Your systems are constantly bombarded with change in the form of release cycles, migrations, refreshes, and ongoing project innovation. Scale and rework continue to be the biggest challenges for Salesforce implementations. Specific Salesforce testing challenge includes:
- Magnitude of Customizations and Integrations: The depth of customizations and possible integrations with Salesforce make it more difficult to manage your test assets.
- Continuous Updates: Salesforce is rolling out updates to its core product three times a year. A frequent and constant stream of change further increases the need for Continuous testing that goes beyond manual testing and traditional testing efforts.
- Dynamic Elements: Things like Salesforce forms are dynamic in nature, which makes it difficult for a Salesforce tester to depend on XPaths or when writing their scripts. Because of this, test an environment that does not have a static ID, name, class, or the CSS attribute is much more difficult because the elements cannot be hardcoded.
- Advanced Features: In addition, it is not easy to test advanced features like Visualforce, an user interface which allows the development of solid and reusable interfaces. This can lead to unstable test scripts which must be maintained at all times.
- Shadow DOMs and Pop-up Windows: Components available in the new Lightning UI like Shadow DOM (Document Object Models) and pop-ups are hard to test with Selenium.
Prepare The Ground For a New Test Horizon
The future of Salesforce testing depends on AI-powered, No-code testing solutions that enable organizations to reduce their technical challenges when building and maintaining their Salesforce apps. These No-code testing tools allow testers to transform testing intent into testing artifacts without requiring traditional techniques to know-how to write or edit code.
- No-Code Testing Tools: Testing tools that allows both technical and non-technical users to automate processes through graphical user interfaces instead of traditional computer programming. Such tools employ a Zero-code Test Builder to avail full advantage of test automation without any additional effort. Test artifacts are created automatically as the user exercises the application.
- Create and Maintain Resilient Tests: Users can rapidly create and manage resilient tests, without waiting for any technical resources. If your application changes (for example, a field is added or removed), you can simply update the modules and the change will automatically propagate to all affected tests.
- · Autonomous Impact Analysis for Salesforce for Updates: These No-Code testing tools allows users to automatically update their test cases based on the Impact analysis after each update or a new release in the Salesforce environment.
- Autonomous Script Correction and Healing Intelligence: Whenever any update hit the Salesforce environment, the existing test cases and business scenarios are impacted. The modern No-Code testing tools identify the changes and Self-heal the impacted artifacts automatically.
Now that the Salesforce testing tools market has matured far off the complex script-based platforms. With OpKey we transform Salesforce testing for modern delivery with the same No-Code approach that significantly optimizes the testing process. OpKey AI-powered test automation engine for Salesforce rapidly constructs modular tests that are reusable and requires minimal maintenance efforts. With its impact analysis feature painlessly update the test cases as the application updates. Its predictive autonomous testing engine significantly accelerates Salesforce testing by 3X-5X compared to other automation tools. With 60% faster test creation for Salesforce Analytics. So Opkey will be the right choice to add business value to the Salesforce testing process.