Manual testing for Oracle Cloud apps no longer provides enough coverage, fast enough for most enterprises which is why it is critical to pick the right automation tool to keep pace with a high frequency of Oracle updates. However, finding the right Oracle test automation tool can be daunting with so many options, each having their own pros and cons. Before deciding what you should look for when selecting a tool for Oracle Cloud testing automation, let’s dig into the pain points of QA teams and Oracle application managers as they stand today.
Concerns for a QA team:
- They struggle to provide timely feedback to IT Managers because manually testing scenarios is time consuming. Multiple actions and navigation through multiple screens require hours to test just one test scenario.
- Manual testing puts limits on how many tests a QA team can verify during the short testing window of two weeks. Many important tests are left unattended since testers execute testing based on guesses and personal experience, leaving businesses exposed to inadequate test coverage.
- Test engineers often struggle to continuously maintain the scripts each time Oracle updates are rolled out.
You can download the blog and keep it for your reference here. How To Compare Test Automation Tools For Oracle
Concerns for Oracle application managers:
- Whenever a new feature is released, they find it difficult to understand how new features are going to impact current processes and procedures. Is there any risk of business disruption post update?
When selecting a test automation tool for Oracle Cloud, here are some points to keep in mind:
- Test Scripts Design: Designing test automation scripts is a key area in test automation. However, in many automation tools, testers need to write codes to create scripts, making it difficult for non-technical employees/ business users. Always opt for a no or low code tool to ensure non-technical business users can actively participate in the testing process.
- Test Data Generation: To properly execute a test, you need full access to test data. If you have unavailable data sets you won’t be able to comprehensively test, increasing your risk with each new Oracle update or release.
- Test Recommendations: Generally, test engineers pick up tests cases based on their experience, and guesses. It can lead to inadequate test coverage, exposing your business to unwanted risks.
- Change Management: Since Oracle Cloud updates have the potential to negatively impact system performance or user experience, application managers need test automation tools that help them understand how new features have impacted their current processes and procedures.
- Test Maintenance: Oracle Cloud apps feature dynamic elements that influence the stability of the tests. If properties of dynamic elements are changed due to updates, then traditional test automation tools may no longer be able to recognize them. And the scripts tend to fail, increasing your business risk.
- Test Automation at Scale: You need a scalable testing infrastructure that allows you to run thousands of tests at once, in a short amount of time across web, mobile and operating systems.
- End-to-end Testing Capability: Oracle Cloud apps can be integrated seamlessly with CRM, EDI, HCM, SCM systems as well as third party apps, so it’s critical that your test automation tool has the ability to test all integration points comprehensively.
- Pre-Built Test Cases: Test automation tools with prebuilt test cases for Oracle Cloud will increase your team’s test speed and efficiency, improving your test accuracy and lowering your risk.
- Reusability of Test Artefacts: Reusability can save you time and effort speeding up your testing period by allowing you to leverage the work you’ve done in the past for future testing scenarios.
- Integrations with CI/CD and Test Management Tools: Integration with test management tools is critical to insure the quality of your testing activities as well help plan out new test scenarios and execute them effectively. Integrations with CI/CD pipeline will ensure developers see the feedback in minutes allowing you to quickly solve and fix problems.
- Business Knowledge Capability: Business users are valuable to the testing process because of the contextual and institutional knowledge of your application instance they provide. Utilizing tools that allow business users to participate will always ensure a wider coverage of scenarios.
Given everything you now know, the below is the comparison of available Oracle test automation tools:
Enterprises that are dealing with the disruptions of Oracle Cloud patch and quarterly updates need to pick the right test automation platform to ensure their business processes remain fully up and running. A right-fit test automation tool will not only help you achieve the required level of testing speed, but will also protect your business from unwanted risk.The selection criteria mentioned above will help you find the right Oracle test automation tool that will ensure faster test execution cycles that ensure you lower your business risk and increase the value you get out of your investment in Oracle. Using our comparative analysis, you can make a smart choice in selecting Oracle Cloud test automation tool.