Supply chain management (SCM) has always been a core aspect of enterprises. In today’s rapidly evolving and often uncertain market environment, a solid SCM is the bedrock that holds up a business.
While SCM has traditionally focused on improving efficiency and reducing costs, the role of customers has also evolved significantly. Customers now play a central role in setting SCM priorities. The expectations and demands of customers have evolved over time. As they now have greater access to product information, price comparisons, and delivery options, they expect faster delivery times and more personalized experiences.
Procurement, manufacturing, logistics, and order management are all aspects of the supply chain that need to be coordinated properly. This ensures timely delivery of products to customers.
This is where Cloud SCM systems come into play. Oracle SCM Cloud stands among the well-known options because of its commitment to continuous innovation in the market. According to Oracle, SCM Cloud has helped organizations:
- Cut transportation costs by an average of 20%
- Speed up their order fulfillment by 3x
- Achieve a 96% delivery satisfaction rating
In this blog, we’ll learn what Oracle SCM Cloud is. We’ll also learn how automated testing plays a critical role in optimizing it.
What Is Oracle Fusion SCM Cloud?
Oracle Supply Chain Management (SCM) is a cloud-based solution that allows businesses to establish a connected and demand-driven supply chain for seamless omnichannel fulfillment.
Oracle Supply Chain management features artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), Internet of Things (IoT), and analytics that optimize workforce utilization, sustainability measures, and minimizes disruptions.
Oracle SCM can enhance delivery times, address worker shortages, streamline operational costs, and reduce inventory investment. With intelligent warehouse inventory management, agile transportation management, and field service capabilities, it empowers organizations to create a profitable and connected supply chain that benefits both employees and customers.
What Are Oracle SCM Cloud Modules?
- Logistics Cloud
- Order Management Cloud
- Procurement Cloud
- Product Management Cloud (PLM / PIM)
- Service Logistics Cloud
- Supply Chain Collaboration and Visibility Cloud
- Supply Chain Execution Cloud (Inventory, Maintenance, Manufacturing)
- Oracle Supply Chain Planning Cloud
Why Is There A Need For Oracle SCM Cloud Testing?
- During implementation: During initial Oracle SCM Cloud implementation, testing validates that configurations are working as expected and aligned with the business needs.
- During customization: Whenever you implement a new business process or replace or modify the existing one, testing validates that this hasn't impacted the existing business. Testing ensures that Oracle SCM Cloud solution is functioning as intended post customization.
- During integration: Whenever you enhance the capabilities of Oracle SCM Cloud, you need to test. It ensures that data is properly transferring within integrated applications and all security roles are properly aligned.
- During Oracle SCM Cloud Quarterly Updates: Like other Oracle Applications, Oracle SCM also receives quarterly updates that are mandatory to implement. Testing mitigates the risk of Oracle Cloud SCM processes breaking.
Learn more: Opkey’s Oracle Cloud 23B Advisory Document
Challenges in Oracle SCM Manual Testing
Manual testing isn’t considered as a viable solution in this era of agile and DevOps. It is time-consuming and error-prone, and simply can’t keep pace with the modern age. Let’s discuss why manual testing is no more feasible.
- An initial Oracle SCM implementation requires multiple rounds of testing cycles. Business users are the biggest stakeholders in this. Their participation in multiple rounds of manual testing is a great concern. Thus, you need to support them with automation.
- Manual testing is susceptible to human errors. There can be mistakes in data entry, validation, or interpretation. These errors can lead to inaccurate results and impact the overall performance of SCM.
- Oracle SCM is a complex application with multiple modules. If performed manually, testers may struggle to keep up with the increasing volume and complexity of testing requirements.
- Last but not least, Oracle rolls out quarterly updates. This means that you will receive new features and functionalities at least four times per year. Each Oracle SCM update requires at least two rounds of regression testing, one in the test environment and second in the production environment. Doing this manually requires significant effort and time, and this labor costs major money.
Maximize Your Investment On Oracle SCM With Automated Testing
Automated testing plays a significant role in maximizing the return on investment of Oracle SCM. Let’s drive deep into it.
- Automated tools will help business users to participate in testing as they don’t need to waste time in doing redundant tasks involved in testing.
- With automation, repetitive tasks can be executed quickly and accurately. This reduces the time and effort required for testing SCM processes. As testing can be done quickly, it will ensure quicker deployment of SCM updates or changes.
- Incorporating test automation ensures continuous testing. It means that defects can be identified early in the development phase. It minimizes the chances of costly mistakes or rework in the SCM system post production.
- Continuous testing supports continuous monitoring of SCM processes. It ensures that potential issues or defects are identified before they impact the business operations. This will ultimately contribute to higher ROI.
- Automated testing enables parallel testing. It means it will help you save on time on testing. Moreover, you can scale up or scale down things to accommodate changes in SCM processes and handle increased testing volumes without additional resources.
Now that you understand the benefits of automated testing in enhancing the performance of your Oracle SCM applications, you may be wondering how to choose the right test automation tool. Opkey, the industry's top no-code test automation platform, renders your testing process seamless and efficient. Opkey is packed with a powerful AI-driven test mining technique that converts manual test cases into automated ones with just a click of a button. In addition, Opkey's pre-built accelerators for Oracle SCM Cloud and integrated technologies ensure adequate risk coverage. Its no-code automation also ensures seamless participation of business users, which plays a critical role in business continuity.