Oracle EBS is a respected and widely used product that businesses worldwide have employed to automate their front-end and back-end processes.
In 2021, Oracle announced that it will no longer offer premier support for EBS 12.1. This means that EBS 12.1 customers will no longer get fixes, security updates, critical patch updates (CPU), as well as tax, legal, and regulatory updates.
To remain compliant, customers must upgrade to EBS 12.2 or migrate to Oracle Cloud. Upgrading to EBS 12.2 enables premier support until 2031.
Get the E-book: Testing Strategy Guide for Upgrading to Oracle EBS 12.2
However, the disadvantage here is that you’re still spending resources to upgrade to an older technology. Furthermore, Oracle’s R&D is focusing on Oracle Cloud. It means that they won’t be adding new significant features to its on-premise EBS systems.
The most viable solution is therefore to migrate to Oracle Cloud.
This is evident from a HubSpot study that indicates that around 70% of organizations are choosing cloud ERP systems over on-prem due to their affordability, ease of installation, and minimal IT infrastructure.
Let’s be honest, though. Cloud migration projects, particularly for complex and customizable applications like Oracle EBS, can be challenging. Having a solid quality strategy is crucial for minimizing risks, costs, and uncertainties while ensuring business continuity.
Fortunately, Opkey has a solution. Opkey provides a comprehensive assessment of Oracle cloud readiness that covers all aspects of cloud migration, eliminating uncertainties and delivering a successful cloud strategy.
What is Oracle Cloud Readiness?
Oracle Cloud Readiness refers to an organization's level of preparation and ability to migrate their existing applications and data to Oracle Cloud.
To achieve Oracle Cloud Readiness, an organization needs to assess their current IT environment, business requirements, and budget.
In addition to this, organizations need to identify the benefits, risks, and challenges of migrating to the cloud.
Organizations also must determine which cloud services and deployment models are best suited for their specific needs. In case of EBS customers, they have the option to migrate either to OCI (Oracle Cloud Infrastructure) or SaaS (Software-as-a-service).
Data security and compliance are crucial factors that need to be considered while migrating to the cloud. Organizations need to determine how to ensure data security and compliance during the migration process.
Overall, Oracle Cloud Readiness involves a comprehensive approach to cloud migration planning and execution to ensure a successful transition to Oracle Cloud.
Why do we need Oracle Cloud Readiness?
Cloud readiness Oracle ensures a smooth and successful migration with several benefits such as cost savings, improved business agility, and scalability.
With Oracle Cloud Readiness, organizations can identify potential risks and challenges associated during migration. Based on these, they can develop a comprehensive plan to minimize these risks, and ensure that their migration to Oracle Cloud is successful.
Read our latest blog: Three Key Considerations For Load Testing When Migrating To The Cloud
Oracle Fusion Cloud Readiness Assessment Checklist: The Key Considerations
- Oracle Cloud release readiness is critical as it helps you identify your current applications usage, key process and application issues.
- You can also analyze manual process and third party components, and review existing customizations, modifications and enhancements.
- It is important to assess customizations/ custom enhancements since there is a possibility that your existing customizations will not work in the new cloud environment.
- Oracle Cloud provides significant additional functionality and presents the opportunity to remove unnecessary customizations during the upgrade and replace them with delivered functionality.
- Another important aspect of Oracle Cloud readiness is to assess critical integrations. While migrating to Oracle Cloud, there is a possibility that your existing integrations may break.
- Test all new processes and software for security and compliance with any applicable regulatory requirements or best practices.
- Checks the efficacy of an old environment to release data as well as the new environment to accept any old data without loss or corruption.
Want to see Opkey in action schedule a demo today!
How can Opkey help you?
Opkey is an industry leading EBS and Oracle Cloud test automation platform that streamlines your Oracle migration process, reduces risks and costs, and ensures that your apps are optimized to meet your specific business needs. Here’s how:
- Business process discovery: Opkey's revolutionary “test mining” technology performs an impact assessment, which shows as-is vs. to-be processes. It helps you understand the configuration variance between your current EBS and future Cloud environment. This assessment will help highlight areas to focus testing on, and make sure you don’t waste time testing the wrong things.
- Autonomous business process mapping: Opkey comes with pre-built mapping templates that highlight your exact test coverage in Oracle Cloud to ensure safer and faster migration. Furthermore, Opkey generates all relevant data combinations that can automatically be seeded to your test cases to ensure full test coverage.
- End-to-end testing: Opkey alerts you whenever middleware, integrated packaged apps, or other 3rd party applications are at risk.
- Security role validation: Opkey clearly highlights the variance between functional and data security policies, across all applications seeded and custom roles, with a simple click of a button. This ensures security compliance.
Want to know more! Watch our webinar: Opkey’s Oracle Cloud Readiness Cheat Sheet: 5 Actionable Tips to Ensure You Have A Smooth Update