The availability and performance of Oracle Cloud Applications is imperative for your organization’s success. And the only way to do this is testing.
Testing ensures that your data is secure, your cloud environment is configured properly, end users are able to perform their daily tasks seamlessly, changes and updates are rolled out seamlessly.
However, manually testing Oracle Cloud Applications is a labor-intensive process. It consumes a lot of time and resources. With manual testing, there’s a risk of business disruption due to leakage of bugs into production because of inadequate coverage.
To ensure quality in the face of today's rapid change and updates, organizations need to embrace automation testing. In this automation testing basics for Oracle guide, we’ll highlight the importance of testing during configuration changes, patch and quarterly updates.
We’ll also highlight why Oracle automation testing is shifted from nice to have to must to have in this era of agile.
Why should Oracle Cloud Application testing matter?
Organizations configure their Oracle Cloud Applications as per their unique business needs.
- Whenever a configuration is changed to bring major functional and structural changes, functional and technical analysis needs to be performed to understand its impact on the environment.
- Whenever quarterly updates are rolled out, testing needs to be performed to validate that changes do not lead to any unexpected behavior in your applications.
- Whenever a patch is rolled out, security role validations need to be performed.
Some key areas focus areas during Oracle Cloud testing:
- Third-party APIs, including XML and REST (through API testing)
- Integrated Applications
- User Interface Testing
- Custom workflows and reports, including saved SQL queries and updates
- New product enhancements
Why is manual testing of Oracle Cloud no longer a feasible and practical solution?
- Organizations are forced to add new business processes and alter the existing ones to accommodate rapidly changing business requirements. With every configuration change, there is a need to execute regression test cases. By doing it manually, you cannot keep up with the speed of development.
- Oracle rolls out new features and functionalities four times a year to help customers effectively manage their business. Each update requires at least two rounds of regression testing. Testing manually 8 times a year can be very devastating for the QA teams.
- Oracle rolls out monthly security patches to ensure data security and integrity. Since a single role contains about 500 functions and data security privileges, it is next to impossible to manually validate hundreds of roles together. Automated testing solves this challenge.
What is Oracle Cloud automated testing?
Oracle ERP Cloud Test Automation empowers clients to create, execute, and manage test cases, leveraging an automation framework. By automating some of the repetitive but necessary tasks, the automation testing tool allows QA specialists to speedily validate that the applications are functioning as expected. Seamless execution of test cases helps in early detection of bugs and to ensure that the applications continue to work correctly after configuration changes, patch and quarterly updates.
How can automating Oracle help?
By incorporating test automation, you not only ensure seamless execution of test cases but also ensure adequate risk coverage. Here’s how:
- Test automation tools for Oracle eliminate guesswork in deciding test cases and consider more parameters than are humanly possible to determine the size of the regression suite. This automatically increases the test coverage.
- Test automation speeds up the testing process by automating repetitive steps. Quality analysts don’t have to start from scratch whenever a new update or feature is rolled out as they can leverage prebuilt test accelerators to start testing.
- By alleviating the maintenance burden that undermines the test automation initiatives. AI-powered test automation tools with self-healing capabilities automatically identify impacted test scripts and heals them autonomously without requiring human intervention.
With too many open source and commercial automation testing tools available in the market, the below infographic will help you find the right tool.
If you want to succeed in digital transformation, you need to transform testing. And, this can only be possible with automated software testing.
Test automation is the biggest enabler of agility. It reduces the testing time significantly, enabling QA teams to release at a more accelerated pace with confidence.
However, the key to success lies in choosing the right Oracle automation testing tool. The tool that supports business users. A tool that empowers business users so that they can participate in testing with ease.
A test automation framework that makes test script maintenance burden effortless.
One such Oracle testing tool is Opkey. It is a no-code test automation solution that has helped 250+ industry leaders reduce their Oracle testing cycle times, reduce costs, & minimize their business risks. We are here to help you too.