In this cut-throat competitive business environment, success depends on data-driven decision making. To have real-time access to business data and actionable insights, enterprises are migrating to cloud ERP. One such cloud ERP is Oracle Cloud. Enterprises that are using on-prem Oracle EBS are looking to move to Oracle Cloud. However, they could face few challenges in doing so. To overcome these challenges, enterprises need to embrace continuous testing. In this blog, we’ll discuss what challenges enterprises could face while migrating to Oracle Cloud from Oracle EBS and how continuous testing can help in overcoming these challenges.
Challenges in migration from Oracle EBS to Oracle Cloud
- Functionality: Oracle has incorporated new functionalities into its cloud instance. However, key functionalities from some of the modules in the On-Prem version (Oracle EBS) have been left out. During migration from Oracle EBS to Oracle Cloud, there is a possibility that missing features can pose a challenge by disrupting critical business processes.
- Customizations: Enterprises that have customized their Oracle EBS instance may find it difficult to move to Oracle cloud since Oracle has improved configurations and personalisation for its cloud but has taken away the ability to customize. In case, if the business processes have changed, then enterprises will face serious business risks.
- Integrations: Enterprises that have been using Oracle EBS for years have enhanced it by integrating it with third-party apps and productivity tools. Oracle cloud supports integration using SOAP, XML etc., while Oracle EBS did not support these protocols and web services were to be built. So, there are chances that existing integrations might break during migration to Oracle Cloud.
- Quarterly Patching: To deliver continuous innovation to its customers, Oracle rolls out new features and functionalities at every quarter. It means that customers will receive new functionality every three months. Since, Oracle updates have the potential to adversely impact the existing business processes, enterprises need to test these before deployment to production.
- Change Management: Oracle Cloud applications are different in look and feel, navigation, and terminology. Enterprises that want to migrate to Oracle cloud from Oracle EBS need to understand how new cloud environment has impacted their existing business process. After quarterly updates also, enterprises need to understand the impact of new features on existing business processes.
The Proposed Solution: Risk-based Continuous Testing
Oracle cloud apps are ever-evolving and innovates continuously. So, it’s important for enterprises to have the right test automation framework to support Oracle Cloud migration as well as quarterly updates adoption. A risk-based continuous testing approach helps enterprises to detect risks early and quickly across business processes and workflows. Test everything is neither viable nor delivers adequate coverage. Rather than testing everything, Risk-based testing recommends test cases based on the highlighted risks, enabling QA teams to accelerate release cycles, lower the costs, reduce migration risks while keeping business continuity intact. By gaining quick feedback on the business risks, IT managers can make informed decisions to optimize the value of a release. However, continuous testing cannot be achieved without test automation.
OpKey – Ensure Risk-free Oracle Cloud Migration
We recommend “OpKey”, an autonomous continuous test automation framework for Oracle. OpKey’s “Risk-based Continuous Testing” approach focussed on risk-based coverage and AI-powered testing aligns those focussed tests with business priorities so QA teams can quickly reach optimal risk coverage with continuous test automation.
OpKey’s Real-time Change Impact Analysis engine analyses patches, configuration changes or updates in real-time and alerts the users about the potential impact on their business processes during migration and application upgrade. OpKey also recommends what tests need to execute to cover those risks. OpKey’s self-healing engine, heals impacted test scripts automatically by a click of a button and ensure that test scripts sync to updates autonomously, making test script maintenance effortless.
OpKey is the only autonomous automation platform that supports multiple technologies including web, mobile, APIs, Desktop, Citrix, Mainframes and other legacy applications to deliver out-of-box cross platform validations. With OpKey, enterprises can take advantage of all the speed and coverage that they need to achieve risk-free Oracle cloud migration.
Sohaib is a technology enthusiast and a passionate writer with vast experience in technical niches like IoT, AI, Cloud Computing, ERP, SaaS Software & Business Intelligence. Sohaib loves to create compelling and communicative sales copies that create great impact on the minds of the readers.