End-to-end integration testing is a process that examines an application's workflow from start to finish using actual user scenarios. It’s paramount to pick the right tool in order to achieve successful integration testing.
This blog will explore the qualities of effective automated integration testing tools and provide a brief introduction to the top five continuous integration testing tools leading the automation market.
Explore strategies and best practices for testing your ERP application with our whitepaper: Opkey's approach to Workday integration testing
What you need in continuous integration testing tools for successful ERP testing
The following guidelines will assist enterprises in selecting the best integration testing tools to meet their needs.
- Choose a tool that doesn’t require coding, works quickly, and is usable by any employee.
- The integration testing automation tools you choose should support reusability of the tests and easy script maintenance in order to save time and effort.
- Tool should support features like record/playback where scripts can be created easily with performing manual actions.
- The tool you select should have pre-built accelerators for packaged applications and end-to-end integration test cases that can help accelerate the automation set up.
- The tool should be compatible with ERP integrations with third party applications, mobile, web, API, UI, mainframe and other ERPs.
- The tool should have features like change management and impact analysis to be able to find the impacted test cases on every update or new integrations.
- The tool should work across all web, mobile, desktop apps and other emerging technologies.
If the answer to all the above questions can be found in one particular tool, that’s your ideal choice.
Finding the right automation tool can make or break your automation journey. The ability to create, maintain, and scale automation flows will affect your success with automation, so we've created a tool comparison for continuous integration testing tools that looks at the most popular tools and their key elements.
Choosing the right automation tool for the right skillset is often the difference between success and disaster in ERP testing. In-depth evaluation is required to access the tool in order to select what best fits the requirements. The description shared above will help the users to access the tools and their features and make a discerning choice.