Salesforce has been the #1 CRM solution in the world for almost a decade. According to IDC, the company increased its market share to 23.8% in 2022. This is five times higher than that of SAP and Microsoft, Salesforce's closest competitors.
Because it’s highly customized and integrates with so many applications, frequent releases and updates make thorough Salesforce implementation testing virtually impossible. Trying to perform this level of testing manually presents even more challenges.
In this post, we’ll explain how automated Salesforce accelerators can maximize your CRM investment by speeding up the testing process. We’ll also discuss how to choose the right test automation tool to deliver consistent, accurate, and faster-testing results, and how Opkey eliminates common Salesforce testing pain points.
What are Salesforce accelerators?
Salesforce defines accelerators as “packaged services delivered by dedicated specialists to help customers get the most out of their Salesforce investment.”
Automated Salesforce test accelerators help IT departments test frequent updates faster and more efficiently. Accelerators make it easier for Salesforce users to take advantage of new features instantly, increasing productivity while making sure the CRM works properly with other integrated business applications through automated end-to-end testing.
How do accelerators for Salesforce testing work?
Test accelerators for Salesforce work by automating all types of testing, including performance, regression, and end-to-testing as well. They also improve the overall CRM performance.
Benefits of Salesforce accelerators include
- Increased efficiency & cost savings: Salesforce deployment requires a significant time and financial investment. Test accelerators speed up the testing and development process by relieving teams from boring and repetitive manual testing tasks so they can focus on more important tasks.
- Faster time-to-market: Automated Salesforce accelerators speed up the entire development and testing process and reduce launch time, giving companies a competitive advantage over those doing Salesforce testing manually.
- Scalable testing framework: Salesforce accelerators provide a scalable test automation framework for a variety of technological platforms, resulting in a significant reduction in overall development costs.
- Better CRM performance: Automated Salesforce testing reduces the chance for human error in manual testing and increases test coverage, meaning fewer bugs and process breakages across all integrated applications.
How to choose the right test automation tool for your Salesforce implementation
If you’re considering accelerators for Salesforce testing, the most important step is choosing the right tool.
Here are a few questions to ask.
1. Does the tool understand Salesforce? How well can it handle Salesforce quirks like dynamic IDs? How does it interact with the Service Cloud console, embedded tabs, and complex Visualforce custom controls?
2. Is the tool lightning interface ready? Make sure your Salesforce testing tool works with both classic and lightning interfaces seamlessly without you needing to change anything.
3. Does the tool support end-to-end integrations? Salesforce is often connected to other applications like Oracle EBS and ServiceNow to facilitate sales quotes, order management, and customer support. Your Salesforce test automation tool should support all other applications for thorough end-to-end testing.
Read more: Test Automation for Salesforce: How to Evaluate a Tool
How Opkey’s automated Salesforce accelerator can help
At Opkey, we understand the pain points when it comes to Salesforce testing. Whether it’s a seasonal release or new integration with a third-party application, Opkey’s meta-data driven test recorder provides 8-point SFDC object identification and 200+ SFDC keywords to help you test Salesforce with confidence.
Here are a few other ways Opkey can accelerate your Salesforce testing.
· Automate seasonal platform updates and reduce manual testing efforts by 80% on both Salesforce classic and lightning versions.
· Manage testing for all your Salesforce modules—Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, CPQ, and Billing – from one interface.
· Instantly generate the test cases you need and turn them into automated tests with one click.
· Get an automated Change Impact Analysis report for every Salesforce update so you can automatically detect changes and maintain scripts to accommodate them.
· Easily diagnose failed Salesforce tests, self-heal broken tests, and escalate defects to the right people.
· Run automated regression testing with every application change.
· Experience seamless end-to-end integration testing with support for over 14 packaged applications and 150 technologies.
· Enable non-technical business users to perform testing with a simple, no-code, drag-and-drop user interface.
· Eliminate the need for prolonged business process documentation sessions and complex Excel spreadsheets.
· Get clear certification reports that let you know when you’re ready to push Salesforce updates to production.
The right test accelerator ensures the maximum ROI for your Salesforce implementation. And no one handles testing for Salesforce better than Opkey.
If you want Salesforce testing done right, we can help.