As a part of its commitment towards its customers for continuous innovation, Oracle has rolled out a 21C update. Like previous Oracle updates, 21C also comes with great enhancements and new capabilities that will help enterprises to efficiently and effectively manage their business.
This blog provides all automation changes on the application related to Oracle Financials/ HCM Cloud update 21C. It contains information on property change labels, Dom structure changes, API-related changes, and object property changes on primary labels impacting critical test artifacts. We’ve also highlighted how Opkey can help in Oracle Cloud 21C certification.
Overview of Updates across Financials
Prevention of Split in Invoice Accounting When Funds are not Reserved
- A single journal entry is created for an invoice with both non-expense distributions that don’t require budgetary control and expense distributions that require budgetary control.
- Budgetary control validation of non-expense distribution lines is assigned a funds status of Not Required.
Additional Attributes to Identify Receipts for Reversal Using the Receivables Standard Receipt SOAP Service
- Specify additional attributes to identify receipts for reversal using processReverseReceipt operation in the Receivables Standard Receipt SOAP Service. This enables unique identification of receipts for automated receipt reversal and helps reduce errors when there are duplicate receipt numbers.
- Improve customer satisfaction by reducing receipt reversal errors and ensuring customer account balances are accurate.
Inquiry Page Enhancements
- Immediately downloads the spreadsheet file when the asset volume is less than 201.
- Delivers the spreadsheet file through a notification when the asset volume is more than 200.
DUAL CURRENCY CORPORATE CARD SUPPORT
- Upload corporate card transactions for dual currency corporate cards. Enable employees to submit them in expense reports and create payment requests for these transactions in the payment currency accepted by the card issuer.
CHART OF ACCOUNTS FILTER CREATION USING A REST API
- Use the Chart of Accounts Filter REST API to create an identifier for a chart of accounts filter with one or more segments. This identifier can then be used as a job parameter for submitting processes that have an account filter parameter.
FIRST PARTY TAX REGISTRATION NUMBER DEFAULT ON PAYABLES INVOICES CREATED MANUALLY
- Assign the first party tax registration number by default to Payables invoices during either invoice creation or import for organizations with advanced legal structures.
- Advanced legal structures include, for example, a legal entity with multiple legal reporting units or an organization with different tax registration numbers defined for each legal reporting unit.
Overview of Updates across Procurement Cloud
SEARCH FOR MASTER ITEMS USING MULTIPLE ITEM ATTRIBUTES WHEN CREATING PURCHASING DOCUMENTS
- Use keywords to search for items to add to a purchase order or blanket purchase agreement.
- You can search for items using attributes such as Manufacturer, Manufacturer Part Number, Supplier Part Number, Cross-Reference Value, or Extensible Flexfields (EFFs).
- When an item has multiple manufacturer and manufacturer part numbers, you can select the combination of values that you want to bring back to the PO line.
- When an item has multiple supplier part numbers, the application will bring back the supplier part number to the PO line only if you select the one corresponding to the supplier specified on the PO.
Overview of Updates across Oracle HCM Cloud
PERSON SPOTLIGHT FOR HCM EXPERIENCE DESIGN STUDIO ENHANCEMENT
- The tab names in Person Spotlight have been made read-only to avoid confusion when there is a need of translation.
ADDITIONAL ATTRIBUTES ADDED TO BUSINESS TITLE LOV
- Easily identify the appropriate assignment by using additional attributes added in the Business Title list of values (LOV) on the Employment Info page.
Overview of Updates across Oracle Workforce Management Cloud
IMPROVED MULTI-ASSIGNMENT SUPPORT TO SCHEDULE NONWORKING DAYS
- When you enter an absence that affects multiple assignments using the responsive or the classic pages, the application creates zero duration entries for all non-working days within that absence period for each assignment.
TIME AND LABOR
TIME CHANGE REQUESTS ENHANCEMENTS
- As a manager, when you open a classic time card that has a change request pending approval, you see a banner letting you know. The banner includes a link that opens a dialog box with the request details.
Why enterprises should rigorously test Oracle Cloud 21C updates?
Oracle Cloud Apps help enterprises in managing their business. Although the chances of business disruptions are very little, enterprises shouldn’t simply trust and update applications without testing. Oracle Cloud updates have the potential to affect a variety of functionalities. Regression testing ensures that due to the Oracle Cloud update no new bug gets introduced into the system and new features/ functionalities haven’t negatively impacted the current business processes. You need to consider the change impact analysis of how new features are going to impact current processes and procedures.
Test Guidance from Opkey
Before each Update is applied to customer environments, Opkey runs a comprehensive series of automated tests to validate the features being released against various levels of the environment. These tests validate:
- The health of the build in a simulated existing customer environment
- Successful execution of tests in a simulated new customer environment
- End-to-end business process flows
- Primary use case scenarios
- Alternate use case scenarios
- Additional scenarios derived from design specifications
- Oracle Cloud’s Security tests
- Reports and Integration tests
At Opkey, we certify our automation scripts for Oracle Cloud’s new update in just 3 days and help our customers get their business processes validated within that time frame. The process of updating scripts is extremely swift and painless where customers get their suite updated in technical and functional categories in no time.