Configuring OpKey Execution Agent
Once OpKey Execution Agent has installed on your machine successfully, you need to configure it for executing your test on OpKey Web. Follow the below given instructions to configure your OpKey Agent:
1. Double click on OpKey Execution Agent Icon to launch it.
2. OpKey Agent Dashboard will open as shown below:
3. Go to Connectivity Options section > Switch Mode.
By default the toggle button is in the Desktop mode. If the toggle button remains in the Desktop mode then OpKey Execution Agent gets configured for Desktop.
4. Switch toggle button to Web mode, if you want to configure OpKey Execution Agent to Web.
5. Go to the Authorize Web Execution Agent section and fill all required details as described below:
- The server URL is your registered OpKey Web Domain (Example: DomainName.myopkey.com). Here, DomainName is your registered domain name whereas .myopkey.com is the default suffix with the all registered domain name.
- Agent Name can be provided any name by you. This name will be displayed in the list of OpKey Agents for which OpKey Web domain it has been configured.
- Username is your registered user name (it’s generally your email address) through which you can login on the particular registered OpKey Web domain.
- The password is the password corresponding to the registered User Name for the particular registered OpKey Web domain.
- You can enter comments as you want.
6. Click Login. A popup message will be displayed as follows:
7. Click Yes to relaunch OpKey Agent so that all the configured changes shall be reflected.
You can go to the Execution Agent Configuration section to apply a few more settings like:
- Retention Period: The session data of OpKey Agent will get deleted automatically after the specified number of days. Here, you can specify the duration till which the session data will be retained automatically.
- Parallel Runs Allowed: You can set the maximum number of parallel executions that can be supported by the OpKey Agent. It is 2, by default.
- Suppress Runtime Notifications: Runtime balloon notifications are suppressed by default, including the Debug window.
- Click Save to save all the additional settings.
Authorize Web Execution Agent – Authentication Mode
There are two authentication modes in OpKey Web Execution Agent to authenticate credentials.
(1) OpKey Server Credential:
In this OpKey Agent authentication mode, user needs to select OpKey Server Credential as Authentication Mode & provide valid Server URL, Agent Name, Username, Password & Comments (optional) & then click on Login.
(2) Authentication Code:
In this OpKey Agent authentication mode, user needs to select Authentication Code as Authentication Mode, enter valid Authentication Code & then click on Login.
Once the OpKey Agent get authenticated successfully, your Agent will be online. Name of the Agent will be visible in the Execution wizard on which you will be able to trigger test execution.
The Desktop Mode” button of the agent is being changed and now only the “Web” mode will be operational. Desktop mode is useful only for the Spock Agent as it runs only on the desktop mode.
While launching the agent, a message was being displayed for “Current Mode”. It has now been changed to “Mode” which notifies of the existing Web Mode.
The notification next to it which says “Agent can be connected in two modes” has been completely removed from the display notification.