Opkey Oracle Fusion Recorder is a Recorder utility which enables you to record actions performed on an Oracle Fusion application, create Test Script & execute it. You can easily create a Test Case or Function Library in Opkey by recording the performed actions and play it back using Oracle Fusion plugin through test execution. The created Test Case or Function Library can be further customized as per the test scenario requirement.
Need of Oracle Fusion Recorder:
Oracle Fusion is a complex web application & it contains a multifaceted structure of tables embedded in the application. Automating Oracle Fusion application is a very difficult task. Now, Opkey is empowered with an advanced Oracle Fusion Recorder which helps you to record all actions with unique object properties performed in Oracle Fusion application & create a Test Case along with an object Repository. Once, test case has been created in this way, you can execute it by using the Oracle Fusion plugin.
It comes with the Opkey Smart Recorder package. For installing Opkey Fusion Recorder, please refer to Installing Opkey Smart Recorder. Once, it has been installed on your machine, its icon is showing on the desktop as shown below:
Opkey Smart Recorder is a complete recorder package which works as a Web, Mobile, Desktop, Salesforce, Workday, Oracle as well as Oracle Fusion Recorder. You need to choose the platform (Web, Mobile, Desktop, Oracle, Oracle Fusion, Salesforce & Workday) on which you want to perform recording.
If you are performing recording on Web, Mobile, Desktop or Oracle Fusion application for the first time, you need to install Opkey Smart Recorder. Once it is installed, you can perform recording on the supported platforms applications. You can also install the standalone Smart Recorder installer.
Getting started with Opkey Oracle Fusion Recorder:
To start recording on the Oracle Fusion Application by using Oracle Fusion Recorder, you need to follow the below given steps:
- Create a Test Case/Function Library.
- Click on Record button and then Oracle Fusion Recorder as shown below:
- There are two options of creating an Object Repository (collection of objects to be fetched): Default Object Repository and Choose Object Repository. You can select any of them and start the recording session.
- If you select the Default Object Repository option then an OR file will be created in the default folder which will contain all the fetched objects.
- If you select the Choose Object Repository option then a tree of existing OR files will be displayed. You can select any OR file or create a new OR file.
- Click on Start Recording to begin the recording process.
- Oracle Fusion Recorder will get opened along with Chrome browser. Type the URL of your Oracle Fusion application and start working on it. You can view that the actions being performed are being recorded one by one.
- You can switch to the Spy mode of recording. In Spy mode, you need to hold press Alt button and hover mouse on the desired object. Once, its properties are fetched, click the left Ctrl button and select the relevant action keyword from the dropdown list and add it. You can add it as a Test Step or add only objects.
- Once, Spy mode of the recording session is finished, go back to the Record mode. When the recording process gets completed, click on Save & Close button to save the recorded objects and close the recording session.
- Let us have a look at the recorded Test Steps to the Test case.
Test Execution using Oracle Fusion Plugin:
Once the Test Case of Oracle Fusion has been created successfully, you can execute it by using Oracle Fusion Plugin on Chrome. So, make sure that you have installed Oracle Fusion Plugin on your machine.
Navigate to the Data Input Argument tab of the OpenBrowser test step and type the Chrome as name of web browser in the Browser option as shown in the below image:
Click on Run Now (F5) button. Local Execution Wizard opens. Fill all required fields along with Opkey Oracle Fusion as plugin from the dropdown list in Generic Plugin.
Once, execution process has completed, you can view the execution result.