Opkey PeopleSoft Recorder is a Recorder utility which helps you to record actions performed on Oracle’s PeopleSoft application, create Test Script, execute it & analyze execution result. You can easily create a Test Case or Function Library in Opkey by recording the actions and play it back using corresponding PeopleSoft plugin.
Quick Start Screencast:
Need of Opkey PeopleSoft Recorder:
Oracle’s PeopleSoft application has a unique architecture based on the configuration data, metadata, and PeopleCode. Most of the testing tools are generic, testing the browser actions but unaware of the underlying data structure. Continuous upgrades of the application is the main reason that users can’t maintain recorded automated test scripts.
Manual testing has its limits which cannot cover all scenarios & it’s not feasible to adopt.
Now, there is Opkey PeopleSoft Recorder which is very helpful in creating automated scripts by recording the manual procedures & play it back by using our PeopleSoft specific plugin engine. Once the script is created, you can customize it as per the requirement of the scenario and maintain it as per the upgrades.
Opkey PeopleSoft Recorder comes with the Opkey Smart Recorder package. For installing Opkey PeopleSoft Recorder, please refer to Installing Opkey Smart Recorder. Once, it has installed on your machine, its icon is showing on the desktop as shown below:
Opkey Smart Recorder is a complete recorder package which works as a Web, Mobile, Desktop, Salesforce, Workday, Oracle, Oracle Fusion Recorder as well as PeopleSoft Recorder. You need to choose the platform (Web, Mobile, Desktop, Oracle, Oracle Fusion, Salesforce, Workday or PeopleSoft) on which you want to perform recording.
If you are performing recording on Web, Mobile, Desktop or Oracle PeopleSoft applications for the first time, you need to install Opkey Smart Recorder. Once it is installed, you can perform recording on the supported platforms applications. You can also install the standalone Smart Recorder installer.
Getting started with Opkey PeopleSoft Recorder:
To start recording on the Oracle PeopleSoft Application by using Oracle PeopleSoft Recorder, you need to follow the below given steps:
- Create a Test Case/Function Library.
- Click on Record button and then Oracle PeopleSoft Recorder as shown below:
- There are two options for creating Object Repository (collection of objects to be fetched): Default Object Repository and Choose Object Repository. You can select any one of them and start the recording session.
- If you select the Default Object Repository option then an OR file will be created in the default folder which will contain all the fetched objects.
- If you select the Choose Object Repository option then a tree of existing OR files will be displayed. You can select any OR file or create a new OR file.
- Let us create an OR file while using Smart Recorder with Chrome browser.
- Click on Start Recording to begin the recording process.
- Oracle PeopleSoft Recorder will open along with Chrome browser. Type the URL of your Oracle PeopleSoft application and start working on it. You can view that the actions being performed are being recorded one by one.
- You can switch to the Spy mode of recording. In Spy mode, you need to hold press the Ctrl button and hover mouse on the desired object. Once, its properties are fetched, left Ctrl button and select relevant action keyword from the dropdown list and add it. You can add it as a Test Step or add only objects.
- Once, Spy mode of the recording session is finished, go back to the Record mode. When the recording process gets completed, click on Save & Close button to save the recorded objects and close the recording session.
- Let us have a look at the recorded Test Steps to the Test case.
Test Execution using Oracle PeopleSoft Plugin:
Once the Test Case of Oracle PeopleSoft application has been created successfully, you can execute it by using Oracle PeopleSoft Plugin on Chrome. So, make sure that you have installed the Oracle PeopleSoft Plugin on your machine.
- Navigate to the Data Input Argument tab of the OpenBrowser test step and type the Chrome as name of web browser in the Browser option as shown in the below image:
- Click on Run Now (F5) button. Local Execution Wizard opens. Fill all required fields along with Opkey Oracle PeopleSoft as plugin from the dropdown list in Generic Plugin.
- Once, execution process has completed, you can view the execution result.