We often come across some burning questions our Oracle Cloud customers ask is “How do I ensure my business continuity with Oracle Cloud updates”. Their fear is the result of complexity that comes with the competing demands of keeping existing business running while executing new initiatives every quarter. It’s like trying to change a flat tire while the car is still moving at highway speed.
Let’s take you through one of our Oracle customer’s journeys. In the year 2020, we came across a project for Oracle Cloud apps testing, where the customer was anxious as he was losing around 550K a year because wasn’t able to test oracle cloud updates properly.
The story goes something like this:
The customer expressed his pain points, how they couldn’t guarantee system stability during Oracle Cloud updates and struggled with the overwhelming cost due to manual analysis required to check each change.
- They struggled to ensure their business continuity post quarterly update hit the Oracle Cloud environment. A number of changes come along with every update but their teams don’t know exactly what they need to test. As a result, they test too much, too little, or the wrong things entirely. There were over 2000 manual test cases associated with that transaction and it took about 1000s of Man-hours to accomplish the task costing them 30% of their testing budget. So testing the update in the 2-week update window period was impossible for them.
- Secondly, their key business users spend enormous time and effort in updating large impacted test libraries after the update. Which cost them about 20% of their total testing expenses.
- Ensuring that their tests are validated and assured for production Go-LIVE with optimum test coverage was impossible for them with manual approach, even though they had no proven method to ensure the test data that is added during update modification is accurate.
- One of their major challenges was ensuring that impacted Security Roles and their Security Policies are validated post quarterly updates, which was nearly impossible with manually testing the updates.
Ultimately they couldn’t certify their business processes post Oracle Cloud quarterly update.
At that point, they realized that manual testing was no longer sustainable, it became the bottleneck for the company. They had to tell the rest of the business, “We can’t make any changes for you over the next 18 months because we’ve got to focus on these transactions.”
Eventually manual testing of Oracle Cloud applications left them behind in the digital transformation journey.
From the above example and our experience, you Can’t Continue Testing Manually, the way that it has always been done, when you have an enterprise that’s moving at the speed of light. This means that you have to address testing and ensure it advances your digital transformation initiatives rather than holds them back.
Path towards Risk-based testing approach
Whichever method you choose, if you can help break down the downstream impacts and challenges of your Oracle Cloud update testing, you will be able to create the ‘aha’ moments for all your concerns.
A risk-based testing approach that catalyzes the benefits of automation, is our answer for your Oracle Cloud update testing challenges.
Incorporate change-impact assessments into your current update process
Opt for an automated solution that reveals the risks in any cloud update. A predictive Impact analysis that tells what is the change in your transactions, configurations, and custom screens after the update and immediately identifies the testing impacts due to those changes. Provides a real-time Change Impact Analysis report that specifies changes and risks in impacted test scripts across your configured modules and business processes.
Opt for an autonomous healing solution for the impacted test cases
Test scripts needed frequent updates to keep pace with highly-dynamic, accelerated release of Oracle Cloud apps. This results in an overwhelming amount of effort and maintenance cost, an autonomous healing solution is required to automatically synchronize all the impacted test cases.
A seamless solution to certify your Business Processes post Oracle Cloud Quarterly Update
OpKey is a Continuous test automation platform which is fully autonomous that certifies your business processes post Oracle Cloud Quarterly update in just 3 DAYS.
OpKey ensures your business continuity post Quarterly Update hit the Oracle Cloud environment with its,
- Change Impact Advisories highlighting functional and technical changes in your Oracle Cloud application after the update.
- Provides you the updated Plugin for handling Technical challenges same weekend of the update
OpKey liberate your key business users’ from updating large impacted test libraries with its,
- OpKey’s real-time Change Impact Analysis report specifies changes and risks in impacted test scripts across your configured modules and business processes.
OpKey ensures that your tests are validated and assured for production go-live with optimum test coverage also ensures the Test data that is added during update modification is accurate with its,
- OpKey’s one-click autonomous Self-Healing capability automatically synchronizes all your impacted test cases, saving you hours of manual effort.
- The Self-Configuring engine adds relevant data combinations into the test scripts and enables for Risk-based test executions.
OpKey ensures that impacted Security Roles and their Security Policies are validated post quarterly updates with its,
- 100% Compliance and auditable Security Role Validation Report that provides Change Impact across Function/Data Security policies in minutes
Leverage OpKey’s Autonomous Continuous Testing Platform and Certify your Oracle Cloud in just 3 DAYS.
Iffat is a technical content developer at OpKey. She is expertise in writing technical content for ERP testing, Cloud apps, videos, flyers, newsletters, sales and marketing and dedicated in bringing quality content within the timeline.