Appium Importer is an utility which helps you to import Object Repository (XML file) from an Android or iOS device for a specific app. The device (Android or iOS) may be a locally connected or pCloudy device. Once, XML file of OR has created, you can import this XML file to an OR file, the fetched OR can be used with other Test Cases as per requirement.
Make sure that Appium Importer utility is installed on your system. For downloading Appium Importer setup file, contact email@example.com.
Getting started with Appium Importer:
Launch Appium Importer to begin importing OR file. For downloading Appium Importer utility, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Once it’s launched successfully, Appium Importer page opens as follows. Currently, it is connected which is showing in the below screenshot.
- Click on Select Appium Endpoint to open Appium Endpoint.
- Here, you can view that there are two ways to connect devices (Local Network and pCloudy Real Device).
- Let us first proceed with the pCloudy Real Device. Click on the pCloudy Real Device tab.
- Sign In to pCloudy with your valid credentials.
- After successful login on pCloudy, list of all available devices (iOS & Android) on pCloudy listed as follows. Browse and select your iOS or Android app, select corresponding device based on chosen mobile OS and then select time duration to book the desired device. Click on OK.
- Here, we have selected OnePlus 5 android device. Click on OK.
- Appium Server Connection is being established. You need to wait for a while.
- Once Appium Server Connection get established successfully, the home page of the chosen app is displayed. You can view the Object Hierarchy, Selected Object Properties etc. You navigate to the desired object, view object properties, add object to your OR XML file and do more with the help of different buttons.
- When you click on Add Object button to add the first selected object, you are asked to save it within an XML file. Type file name with .xml file extension to save this OR file as an XML file. Click on Save.
- Similarly, you can select and add other objects one by one to the XML file. Once, all required objects are fetched successfully, click on Disconnect to disconnect the Appium Server Connection.
- Here, you can view the saved OR as an XML file.
- You can open this OR XML file to view content.
- Let us fetch the OR XML file within an OR file which can be used within a Test script. Create an OR file and open it.
- Click on Import OR button and import the OR XML file.
- Now, you can view the list of all the fetched objects along with their properties which are imported from the OR XML file. Now you can use these OR with your Test Case/FL, easily create a complete TC/FL and execute them.