Now, OpKey has a framework library for instrumenting iOS apps for testing. During app instrumentation, OpKey framework library is being embedded to the app. Once the instrumentation has finished, the iOS app can be uploaded to the OpKey Cloud environment (Application Management under Mobile Management) which can be further used of the iOS apps is required to embed the OpKey framework library to the app and then upload this app for testing the app on OpKey.
Pre-instrumented iOS apps are required only if you want to execute recorded test script on a locally connected iOS device with your system. If you want to execute your iOS flow (test script) on an iOS device existing on cloud (pCloudy) then uploading pre-instrumented iOS App is not required as OpKey allows you to upload your un-instrumented iOS app directly on OpKey cloud, create your test script and then execute it on desired iOS device located on cloud (pCloudy).
- The Source Code of the IPA (iOS App)
- OpKey iOS Recorder Framework (To download OpKey iOS Recorder Framework, click here).
- A Mac Machine with Xcode that can compile the source code
- An Apple Developer Certificate and Provisioning Profile (to resign the application)
Adding Framework Library:
- Make sure that you have downloaded the OpKey framework library from the authentic link shared by OpKey team.
- Open your iOS app in Xcode and then embed the OpKey framework library.
- Navigate to the Embed Frameworks tab and expand it. Here, you can view that there is no any framework.
- Click on the Add button to upload the Embed Frameworks.
- Browse and select the OpKey Framework Library and click on Open to proceed.
- In this step, here are a few options for adding the files.
- Click Finish.
- Now, here you can view that the OpKey Framework Library has been embedded to your iOS app.
- Build the iOS App
Now, you need to build your iOS App. Click on the Product menu and click on Build option.
- Archive iOS App
Once the iOS App build has created successfully, you need to archive it to make it as a usable iOS App. Lets archive the iOS app now. Click on the Product menu and then click on Archive option.
Points to remember:
- Before uploading the instrumented iOS in this way, you are recommended to install this app in your iOS device which should work as a normal iOS app.
- If the iOS app is working normally in your iOS device then you can upload this instrumented iOS app on OpKey Cloud (by clicking on Upload Instrumented Application(s) button) from Application Management tab under Mobile Management in OpKey. (For details, please refer Application Management)
- Once the instrumented iOS App has uploaded successfully, you can record actions performed on this iOS app on pCloudy device and create your iOS test script which can be further executed on a local iOS device connected with your system.