Now, there is a new cloud platform for multi browser testing in OpKey. Here, you can create a session by adding existing Test Cases, Gherkin features and Sparkin files and execute the session on the wide range of supported Web (Windows & Mac) and Mobile (Android & iOS) platforms by selecting the corresponding OS, Browser & mobile devices. You can schedule your session for test execution at a particular date & time. Once the execution has finished, you can go to the Result View and view your execution result.
Test Cases, Gherkin and Sparkin files created at the corresponding OpKey Web/Accelerator platforms, will be visible here in OpKey Multi Browser platform. Here, you just need to create a session by adding those Test Cases, Gherkin and Sparkin files and then execute the session on the desired browser/device. You can apply Advanced Execution Settings like step snapshots, snapshot quality, step timeout, mail report, update mapped test management artifact, skip empty data steps, randomize input default value etc. You can also add session tags and set runtime global variables for the test execution through advanced execution settings. You can select the optional agent from the list showing under the Advanced Settings and trigger test execution on that Agent.
Now there is an Agent Pool tab under the Agent Management section in OpKey Admin panel. Agent Pool contains the list of all the online/offline agents. When you create a new session and start test execution, an available agent (as per the selected OS, browser, version or mobile device for the session) picks this task and performs the test execution. Here, you can perform your test execution on the desired online Agent. Before running execution on the desired agent (from the list of Optional Agent under Advanced Settings) make sure that the Agent is online and registered for the corresponding browser version or device. You can edit and add browser versions from the Grid Browser Settings page under Tools menu in OpKey Agent. The list of browsers and versions added or updated from the Grid Browser Settings page under the Tools menu in OpKey Agent, displays in Agent Pool tab under the Agent Management section in OpKey Admin panel. You need to register/update the newly added/updated browser versions to the corresponding OpKey Agent by clicking on the respective button. Once the Agent is registered and updated, you can view it in the list of agents under the Optional Agent in Advanced Settings. From here, you can select the desired online agent and run your test execution.
OpKey VNC Utility:
There is a OpKey VNC Utility which allows you to view your live test execution of any particular session running on the respective machine. Once you triggered the test execution & VNC utility is connected, you need to go to the Result View page and open the sessions under the batch of respective test build and then select the desired session. There is a VNC icon under the Actions column; when you click on it you will be redirected to connect with the corresponding machine and view the live test execution. When test execution gets completed, close the live execution window. Make sure that the network of using the VNC utility and the live test execution machine is the same. You need to follow a few simple steps on command prompt in order to launch and connect the VNC utility.
How to use OpKey VNC Utility?
OpKey VNC Utility allows you to see the live running test execution of a particular session. You can contact to the OpKey Support Team for the VNC Utility. Once you get the VNC Utility, launch it by following the below given steps:
- Open command prompt.
- Drag and drop the VNC Utility to the command prompt window as shown below.
- Press Spacebar, enter 5901, enter spacebar and then enter IP Address of your machine followed by the colon and 5900 (:5900).
- Press Enter.
- OpKey VNC Utility is getting connected.
- Now run your test execution and open the Result view.
- Select the desired execution Session from the Batch in corresponding Build.
- Click on the View Live Test icon showing under the Action column, as shown below.
- It will redirect you to a new tab and connect with the VNC.
- Click on the Connect.
- You get connected to the VNC and able to view the live test execution running.
Getting started with working on Multi Browser Testing Portal:
You can easily navigate to the Multi Browser Testing Portal.
- Open the OpKey Web, click on the Multi Browser Portal option showing under the Go To menu dropdown.
- Here, you can have a look at the user interface of the Multi Browser Testing Portal.
- Click on the Create Session button to create a session.
- Select environment (Web or Accelerator) and then select the artifact to create session.
- Here, you can see that a Test Case (TC) from OpKey Web has been added in the session.
- You can apply SMTP Settings also from here. You can apply other advanced settings to your test execution.
- Here, you can view the Advanced Settings like Snapshots, Step timeout, Mail Report, Session Settings, Session Tags, Run Time Global Variable etc.
- Click OK.
- Let us execute this session on Windows 10 in combination with Chrome Headless Browser (5 s).
- From here, you can select multiple OS (Windows & Mac) in combination with the supported Browsers/Devices and execute your session.
- Click Next.
Here, you can verify the OS and browser for the created session.
Click Run Now.
Before running test execution, make sure that the Agent is registered and its online.
Once the test execution has finished, you can have a open the Result and view it, as shown below.