The Execution Result module is used to view the result of test execution. It provides a user-friendly interface to view the execution result information of each step. It also provides debug information to know what caused a step failure. You can also view the snapshot of the executed step.
The Execution Dashboard includes a brief information about the test execution results. Each unique Build has its own gauge which shows the total number of tests along with execution status details in percentage. Other similar gauge depicts the corresponding information.
As name suggests, Current Executing Test reflects information about the ongoing test execution. Test Execution Analytics section of the dashboard shows information about the execution session which includes Passed, Failed, InComplete, NotExecuted & Total based on the selected Build & Session.
Test Execution Summary Report reflects information about the test execution including Execution Agent, Test Execution Date, Total Execution Time. It also includes gauge displaying the information about the Test Cases, Failed Test Cases/Priority & Failed Test Cases/Browser.
Scroll down to the Build Status section and click on Click here to see all to view Build Status Dashboard which can be filtered based on the Build Status (Completed & Live), StartDate & EndDate. Gauge of the selected build is shown here as well.
- While running execution, you can see execution logs. Once execution gets completed, click Show Results link to view execution result as shown below:
- Click on Expand to expand the selected Session or Test Step. The Step Information and Session Status of the selected session are shown below:
- If you have selected Iteration test step then you can view Runtime GlobalDataRepository data.
- If a Test Step is selected then you can view Step Information & Captured Screen under Step Details tab, Input Data & Output Data as well.
- Here, you can view the Message of the selected Test Step.
- Here, you can view the DebugInfo of the selected Test Step.
- Here, you can view the Function Call of the selected Test Step.
- Here, you can view the Function Result of the selected Test Step.
- Here, you can enter Remarks regarding the selected Test Step.
- If your execution result contains encrypted data then you can decrypt it by using Result Decryption option. Click on Decrypt Result button.
- Enter your data Decryption Password & click OK.
Meta Information section includes significant information about the selected execution session.
- Click on the Meta Information tab to view MetaInfo (Suite Name, Session Name, Session ID, Batch Name, Build Name, DefaultStepTimeout, SnapshotFrequency, SnapshotQuality, Start Time etc.).
Click on Tag to view added Tags to the execution session.
Logs contain a detailed information about the test execution session. If your test execution session has finished and you want to view execution session logs then you can download it from the Execution Dashboard.
- Click on Download Logs button.
- Execution session Logs get downloaded.
Execution Report contains crucial information about the test execution session. There are 4 types of Execution Result Reports in OpKey Web – Summary, Detailed, IntegratedDataReport and Gherkin Report.
The Summary Report displays the name of the Test Case(s) with their status i.e whether the Test Case is Pass or Fail in the Execution. However, the Detailed Report displays information like the name of the Test Case(s), their Test Step(s) along with their status (Pass or Fail during Execution).
- Click on Export Report button.
- Enter Report Name, select Report Type as Summary and Format as PDF.
- You can now add a logo on the exported reports. Select the Default Project Logo option, if you want to add the default project logo to your report.
- Have a look at the exported Summary report with the default logo.
- You can now add a custom logo on the exported reports. Select the Custom Report Logo option, if you want to add the custom report logo to your report.
- The resolution of the Custom logo should be 150*50 and its size should be up to 35 KB.
- Have a look at the exported Summary report with the custom logo.
Snapshot in Detailed Report
You can view the execution result of the Detailed report along with the snapshots for all the Test scripts. If the execution result has the snapshots then the exported detailed report will have a column for Snapshots, where a link for the snapshot is displayed, clicking on the Snapshot link will open the snapshot.
- Navigate to the Execution Result view & select a Session.
- Click on the Export Report.
- Fill all required fields and select Detailed report.
- Check With Snapshots checkbox (if you want a report with snapshot).
- Check Export report with decrypted data checkbox (if you want to decrypt report data). Enter the encryption password set at the project level to decrypt the report data.
- Click on Export.
Export Report in PDF
A popup window will get open as follows.
- Enter Report Name and select Report Type to be exported in PDF format.
- Click Export. The execution report gets downloaded into the Download folder of your machine.
- If the selected Report Type is Summary, the following report will be displayed.
- If the selected Report Type is Detailed, the following report will be displayed. This Report includes detailed information about the Execution Result.
Export Report in Excel
Now, users can export their execution report also in Excel format. Once execution has completed successfully, go to the execution result session and follow below-given instructions to export reports in Excel format.
- Click on the Export Report button, a popup window will get open.
- Enter Report Name and select Report Type to be exported in Excel format.
- Click Export. The execution report gets downloaded into the Download folder of your machine.
- The exported detailed Excel report is shown as follows:
OpKey Web users can now send Outline report to the configured Email Id (under SMTP Settings). It is a high level report which contains a few crucial information about the executed test script. Make sure that you have configured SMTP Settings successfully.
Steps to be followed:
- Click on Run Now to execute your Test Case.
- Check Show Advanced Settings checkbox and click on Next.
- Drag scrollbar to the desired Report Result under the Send Report Result settings.
- If you have not configured SMTP Settings yet then click on SMTP Settings option and configure it.
Email received for the Outline Report. It contains few brief information about the executed test like Suite Name, session, Total Flows, No. of Flows(s) Passed, No. of Flows(s) Failed & No. of Flows(s) Not Executed.
There is a PDF file of Outline Report attached with the mail. This Outline Report of test execution includes Suite Name, No. of Test Cases, Session Start Time, Session End Time, Execution Time, Execution Status under Execution Information section. It also contains execution outline graph and Keyword Pass/Fail information under Iteration section.
Integrated Data Report
Now, OpKey Web users can export Integrated Data Report for Test Execution of a Suite or Test Case having added Function Libraries. Integrated Report specifically contains information about the input parameters added to the Function Library. There will be detailed information about the input parameters along with their values.
- If there is an input parameter with default value in FL and mapped with the Test Case then Integrated Report will contain the input parameter with its value.
- If there is an input parameter with default value in FL but those input parameters are not mapped with any test Step in FL and you have mapped this FL with the Test Case then Integrated Report will contain the input parameter name with no value.
- If there is an input parameter added to FL and its value are given from TC/FL then the Integrated Report will contain the input parameter with its value.
Steps to be followed to export Integrated Data Report:
- Open your Test Execution session from Execution Result.
- Click on the Export Report button.
- Select IntegratedDataReport from the Report Type dropdown.
You can check Export report with decrypted data checkbox to export data in decrypted format. To do so, check this checkbox and enter Password.
Select Report format as PDF and click on Export.
Once, the report is exported to PDF format, you can have a look as shown below:
Gherkin Report is one of the most awaited features of OpKey which is now available in this OpKey release. You can now export your Gherkin report of the execution having Gherkin & Sparkin artifacts. On export report wizard, only Gherkin & Sparkin files (added in Suite) will be visible from which you can select the desired files from them.Here, you can view that there are 2 Gherkin and one Test Case file added to a Suite.
- The suite has executed successfully and now let us export Gherkin Report.
- Click on the Export Report button as shown below:
- Export Report wizard opens.
- Enter Report Name, select GherkinReport from Report Type dropdown. You can check Include “Skipped Over” steps checkbox, if you want to include skipped test steps.
- PDF Format is selected by default. Click on Export.
- Gherkin Report filter wizard opens which has a filter with few fields like Name, Custom Keyword, Review and Approved By, Show Remarks, Select to add Template, etc. List of all the Gherkin & Sparkin artifact(s) are displayed in the Gherkin Report export wizard; you can select desired Gherkin & Sparkin artifacts and export Gherkin report.
- Select to add Template option allows you to add a template page on the last page of the exported Gherkin Report file which contains some important information about the execution like Test Environment, Windows Edition, Database Version, System Type, etc.
- Here, you can have a look at the exported Gherkin Report.
Now, OpKey Web users can decrypt their Execution Result by using Decrypt Result button. The encrypted information of execution result will be decrypted in readable format.
- Open your execution result and click on Decrypt Result button.
- Enter Decryption Password and click on OK.
- The encrypted execution result information has been decrypted into readable format.
“OpkeyIsBest” is the default Data Encryption Password.
Open in New Tab
Once execution has completed successfully, you can view executed artifacts. Select your Execution Result Session and click on Open in New Tab.
You can open and view all artifacts in new tab from execution result session but you cannot open OR & DR in new tab.